Conditions and Updates
Nordic Trails Conditions Update for January 19, 2017
- Conditions are excellent for cross country skiing, snowshoeing and fat-tire biking.
- Grooming will continue with new snow expected the beginning of the week of January 23rd.
- The Cowboy State Games will be holding its annual Winterfest/Cold Avenger Winter Triathlon events on January 28th. The triathlon will take place on several of the groomed trails associated with the Casper Nordic Trail System. Some of the trails may be temporarily closed for the triathlon. There are miles of trails that will not be utilized by the activities.
- As a reminder, please be considerate of others. The mountain trails are used by Nordic skiers, snow shoers, fat-tire bikers, etc. Please respect each other and it will be a great season.
- Please stay off of the Nordic ski tracks if you are walking or riding bikes as the additional holes/tracks make it very hard to maintain ski trails. Please walk or ride to the side.
- Ski passes are required for all that use the mountain trail system. Funds generated from ski pass sales go to maintaining and grooming trails. Passes can be purchased at Mountain Sports, Zeelo's, 42 Degrees North and Natrona County Roads, Bridges and Parks office in Mills.
Trails and Facility Information
Jay Reece, Owner of Essence of Life Catering has again agreed to be the Concessionaire at the Casper Mountain Trails Center.
Hours of operation:
- Wednesday through Sunday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Follow our Parks Blog for current and past updates
- Register for our "Notify Me" service to receive updates via email or mobile device
- Parks Rules & Regulations
- View the Parks Calendar
- Links to recreational information and websites
- Parks Department News
- NOAA weather forecast