Conditions and Updates
Nordic Trails Conditions Update for December 1, 2016
- Casper Mountain Nordic Trails have snow and are open.
- Early season conditions exist. Plan on experiencing areas where snow depths are minimal with rocks, soil patches and branches showing through the snow.
- All trails that will be open throughout the season have been groomed at least once but optimal conditions will not exist until approximately 24 more inches of snow can be packed onto the trails.
- As a reminder, please be considerate of others. The mountain trails are used by Nordic skiers, snow shoers, fat-tire bikers, etc. Please respect each other and it will be a great season.
- Please stay off of the Nordic ski tracks if you are walking or riding bikes as the additional holes/tracks make it very hard to maintain ski trails. Please walk or ride to the side.
- Ski passes are required for all that use the mountain trail system. Funds generated from ski pass sales go to maintaining and grooming trails. Passes can be purchased at Mountain Sports, Zeelo's, 42 Degrees North and Natrona County Roads, Bridges and Parks office in Mills.
Trails and Facility Information
Jay Reece, Owner of Essence of Life Catering has again agreed to be the Concessionaire at the Casper Mountain Trails Center.
Hours of operation:
- Wednesday through Sunday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Follow our Parks Blog for current and past updates
- Register for our "Notify Me" service to receive updates via email or mobile device
- Parks Rules & Regulations
- View the Parks Calendar
- Links to recreational information and websites
- Parks Department News
- NOAA weather forecast