Purpose & Goals
The Community Development Education (CDE) Initiative Team is a group of educators and specialists located across Wyoming that aim to increase the capacity of communities, enterprises, and families to create a sustainable future in which to live, learn, and work.
The team’s focus is outlined in the University of Wyoming Extension Strategic Plan
. The CDE area is one of five outlined in the Strategic Plan.
This initiative helps develop communities by increasing skills in:
- Communication - Creating shared understanding
- Decision Making - Using effective processes and science
- Financial Management - Increasing stability and confidence
- Goal Achievement - Attaining extraordinary results from ordinary resources
- Leadership - Empowering people and communities toward a brighter future
- Networks - Working together to build home and community
- Problem Solving - Finding threads of agreement and weaving them together