- Parks & Recreation
- Conditions and Updates
Conditions and Updates
April 3rd, 2023 Casper Mountain Late Season Grooming Update
In consideration of the emails we received about extending late season grooming because of the snow storm, that were in response to the Casper Nordic Club social media post (the emails reflect approximately 2%-5% of the seasonal trail passes sold this season) the following has been decided:
- To assist the Casper Nordic Club, Parks will groom once more after the storm to allow the Nordic Club to continue to groom with their snowmobile equipment. This will most likely occur on Thursday (4/6) or Tuesday (4/11) between 9am and 3pm. Friday is a holiday and my staff just shifted to Tuesday-Friday schedule in preparation for the spring and summer season. This season has been great for skiing, but has taken a toll on the Parks budget due to higher than usual cost of grooming operations (fuel and labor).
- The major trails will be done.
- There will be no classic tracks set as they ice up if not maintained.
- People are more than welcome to ski ungroomed trails until the snow disappears.
- The Casper Mountain Biathlon Club will continue to groom as long as possible this spring, if people are looking for additional groomed skiing.
Michael L. Brown,
- Follow our Parks Blog for current and past updates
- Register for our "Notify Me" service to receive updates via email or mobile device
- Parks Rules & Regulations
Questions or Concerns? Please call 307-235-9325 or email us.